Liquid Light© is a black & white photographic emulsion for prints on wood, glass, ceramics, plastics, china, fabric, metal, rock, paper, artist’s canvas, walls, any surface. Printing with Liquid Light is the same as with black-and-white enlargement paper. Under amber or red safelight, brush the emulsion onto a surface. Expose with an enlarger or slide projector. Process with standard paper developer and fixer. Prints are archivally-permanent with a full range of tones and transparent highlights that reveal the color and texture of the material underneath.
- Safe to use: Rockland emulsions are non-flammable and odorless with no phenol or VOC's (volatile organic compounds) and are completely safe for use in darkrooms.
- Long Shelf Life: They stay fog-free for years. To assure reliability, the shelf life is stamped on the package.
- Darkroom Sensitivity: They are fast enough for big enlargements but not over-sensitive to safelight exposure during coating and drying. Nothing has to be added before use.
- Controllable Contrast: Contrast is medium high-- about the equivalent a #3 paper. Lower contrast can be obtained by using a soft-acting developer.
- Coverage: High silver content allows one ounce of emulsion to cover one and a half square feet. Example: 32 ounces (quart) sensitizes up to 48 square feet.
- Non-Yellowing: They leave absolutely clear highlights with no discoloration.
- Optical Brighteners: They contain optical brighteners to give extra snap to highlights.
- Permanence: Prints made with Liquid Light and Ag-Plus emulsion are truly archival due to the colloidal silver image, and will not fade if properly processed.